What you'll need:
50g bramley apple, cored, peeled
5 medium sized eggs
1 egg white
30g pitted dark cherries, halved
80g coconut flour
65g pure maple syrup
11/2 tsps stevia (or natural
sweetener of your choice)
70g ground almonds
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Line the base of a medium sized loaf tin with baking paper.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the apple and simmer gently for around 4 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat and drain through a fine sieve. Stir gently to remove excess water. Transfer apple to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs and egg whites with a whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool.