Coriander spiced vegetable soup
- Coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 300g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200g turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 150g frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped.
- Place a heavy bottomed pan with some coconut oil over a medium-high heat.
- When hot add the cumin, coriander, onion, celery, garlic, ginger and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, carrots, turnip, red pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the veg is tender.
- Add the peas and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Season well then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve in warm bowls. Enjoy! 😋
Cauliflower & Coriander SouP
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, roughly ground
- 2 sweet potato, peeled and chopped 1cm cubes
- 1kg cauliflower, leaves discarded washed and sliced approx 1cm thick
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Heat a large saucepan over a moderate heat, add the oil, onions, garlic, coriander seeds and fry for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower and half the stock then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. When the cauliflower and sweet potato are soft add the rest of the stock and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a stick blender or food processor blend the soup to your desired consistency, season and serve or chill and store.