Firstly, why 30 days? Well, a month is the ideal amount of time to either kick an old habit or start a new one, depending on what you want to achieve. If you’ve spent years wanting to stop eating chocolate, or start exercising, or write a book this is the month when you could finally do it.
Watch this TED talk and be inspired into a new way of thinking to achieve your goals.
- Do squats while you brush your teeth and/or exercise while you’re waiting in a queue
- For journeys of two miles or less, walk.
- Stand on one leg while you do the washing up
- Take the stairs! Do not use lifts/escalators
- Complete a 60 second plank
- Dance around while you do the hoovering
- Walk and talk when you’re on the phone
Soon enough these exercises will just happen habitually.